Bug

Bug

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

More debugging

So its taken me longer than I thought to debug, I'm having to re-write large portions of the code. One of my problems is I referenced multiple sources for the basis of my code. This led to errors between the various parts. I am now using a single reference.
I'm finally getting real numbers out of my 3 PWM pins for the motor control. This has allowed me to run speed checks using an oscilloscope, the bad news is the total control loop takes 157 microseconds now, it needs to be somewhere around 50-70 microseconds. I discovered that sine/cosine calculations take a long time even on the ARM cpu, so I'm probably going to have to use a lookup table.
This should speed things up a lot and knock off around 100 microseconds from the code.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried the microchip bldc test board? It's mentioned on the myelectricboat write up of using the Honda mdm as a plug and play high voltage controller. Should then be able to skip all the programming side of everything.
    Derek hohmann
    Ps any suggestions on where to get a Honda civic mdm in Australia?

    ReplyDelete