Bug

Bug

Monday, September 27, 2010

Microcontroller

I have been researching what kind of microcontroller systemt to purchase to control the MDM. I did find some powerful but inexpensive ones such as the leaflabs maple:

leaflabs maple

Which has a 72Mhz 90MIPS processor (complex motor control needs about 12-25 MIPS) that uses an open source version of C that is easy to program in. However I would have to write the code for it basically from scratch, this would be a lot of work so I decided to purchase something with more support for motor control with some pre-written library files. I got a microchip evaluation board for BLDC motor control, I also bought an inexpensive BLDC 3 phase motor with built in hall sensors from ebay. I plan on setting up the board with the small motor and getting all the software working, then bypass the mosfet state in the board and drive the honda MDM directly.

microchip

No comments:

Post a Comment